The arrival of spring at CVPNS brings with it a sense of excitement and anticipation. Despite the seemingly never-ending
April January-March showers, there’s so much to look forward to. Our calendar is filled with new events and time-honored traditions that bring our community of students and parents together.
- Our annual Spring Picnic is just around the corner. This fun-filled day includes games, crafts, and a potluck-style lunch that all but guarantees even the pickiest of tummies will be full. The Spring Picnic is a great way for the entire school to get outside and have fun together.
- For those who love a bit of mischief, Leprechaun Day was once again a success (for the leprechauns, anyway). Students built their own leprechaun traps and left them around the school in hopes of catching one of the little, green-clad mischievous creatures. Unfortunately, none were caught this year, but the creativity and thought process behind the trap creation was a wonderful (and fun) way to integrate a little STEM into St. Patrick’s Day.
- Our AM& PM class parents recently came together for our annual Parents Night Out fundraiser. Dressed as their favorite reality stars, parents got to celebrate with dinner, drinks, dancing, and a silent auction fundraiser for the school. It was a great way to enjoy an evening with a group of people that understand just how rare a night out (without the kids!) can be.
- The annual CVPNS Carnival is coming soon, so you may start to see some wild animals, acrobats, dancers, and other performers around town. Each year, students select what act they want to perform in, and with coaching and guidance from the directors, learn their act (which is then performed in front of the entire school and parents). It’s all of the fun of a regular circus, just infinitely more adorable.
- And last but certainly not least is our Family Science Night. This thrilling educational evening included something for everyone – from interacting with live bugs to making an arthropod take-home craft. And don’t worry squeamish parents – students were there to make sure the adults didn’t don’t get too scared.
In addition to these exciting events, CVPNS also offers many other opportunities for students and parents alike to get involved in our community. As you can see, there’s always something going on at CVPNS. We hope you’ll join us as we celebrate spring together!